Ice Horse Knee to Ankle Wrap with Support Suspender
The Long Knee to Ankle Wrap by Ice Horse is an insulated, top-quality, full-coverage, extra-long wrap which covers the knee completely and extends to the fetlock and ankle area. With its patented design, it conforms to the horse's leg, providing the ideal level of compression and boosting the cold penetration of inflamed soft tissue.
The Ice Horse Long Knee to Ankle Wrap allows you to easily envelop each front leg with six cold or heat inserts and features an adjustable suspender which hangs over the withers, providing support to both wraps as they're being applied the horse. For convenience, the cold inserts are ready to use again after just three hours in the freezer. Convenient and efficient. Pair. One Size.
Directions for use:
- For Ice Therapy - Leave the First Ice Inserts in your home or stable freezer overnight and remove just before use. Store in a portable ice chest as necessary if you will be transporting them to your barn. The dry cold material is solid coming from the freezer. A simple 10-second massage of the re-freezable/ reusable bag results in a loose, flexible, cold source that configures to the horse's leg immediately.
- Cross-tie the horse in a stall or wash rack. Wet down the horse's leg or legs with a sponge.
- After massaging the FIRST+ICE pack to loosen the beads of ice cold relief, insert the packs into your Ice Horse boot and apply the boots, securing the straps. When finished, wipe down the FIRST+ICE packages and return them to the freezer. Store the boot in a dry location.
For Hot Compress Use -
- BOILING provides best heating effectiveness. Bring pan of water to boil. Remove from heat. Place inserts in pan for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove insert from pan. Wrap insert in a light towel. Place in the Ice Horse wrap.
- MICROWAVE: Place insert in microwaveable container and cover completely with water. Never heat without covering the insert with water. Place container in microwave. Heat at full power for three (3) minutes (time is based on 600 watt microwave oven). After heating, remove insert from water. Wrap insert in towel or leg or hock wrap, then place on horse's injury. If additional heat is required, heat in 30 second intervals.