Career Opportunities at Mary's Tack & Feed
1. Please visit our store in Del Mar where you can pick up and complete a formal application
2. Click here to download the application, and either bring the completed application into our store or mail it back to the store ATTN: Juls Lorenz
PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL YOUR FORMAL APPLICATION. Questions? email@example.com
Full Time Assistant Sales ManagerMary's is looking for an energetic, well organized, goal oriented, horse and dog lover with a positive attitude who has both outstanding people skills as well as very good administrative. If you are a horse lover who has an appreciation for good horse gear and a calling to help those around you then this leadership position may be a perfect fit. The ideal candidate is a horse person with basic computer skills, experience with MS Office and Excel as well as Retail and/ or management experience.We offer a great staff, wonderful customer's and an exciting place for a horse person to work.Mary's includes full time benefits such as:
- holiday pay
- medical benefits
- ESOP retirement benefit
- Product discounts and more.
- 40 hours/week
- Training is provided.
- Pay is hourly and there is a sales bonus as well as a store performance bonus schedule.
- Must be available to work any days of the week and weekends.
- May require some overtime.
- Starting pay is $21.00/hr and will be re-evaluated in 120 day. After 90 days eligible for bonus program
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Listen carefully and Field customer concerns and resolve issues with assistance from floor manager and GM.
- Learn to cashier to serve as back up.
- Assist with the Training, Coaching and management of a sales team of up to 9 associates to optimize sales performance through the use of responsible and profitable selling techniques that center on customer satisfaction.
- Learn and assist floor manager with implementation and coaching of operational and promotional procedures necessary to the sales floor efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Assist with Coaching sales on their individual selling statistics to maintain high performance standards.
- Assist with facilitating communication to buying department regarding what product issues are trending on the floor in regard to stock, demand, inquiries and sales associate concerns.
- Practice regular habit of carrying and answering mobile phone to support staff and store.
- Regularly review that Daily, Weekly and Monthly assigned floor maintenance task are being completed to expectation.
- Responsibly open and close the store as needed and scheduled.
- Wear the "Mary’s hat" by demonstrating a willingness to pitch in any way that will help the company big or small regardless of your hired position.
- Responsibly practice discretion regarding topics of discussion in attended meetings involving proprietary and or private information.
To be considered candidate must be able to:
- Be on your feet most of the day, this is not a desk job.
- Have reliable transportation to and from work
- Get really excited about Horse equipment and apparel for all disciplines.
- Lift at least 35lb
- Work independently as successfully as with a team.
- Be willing to travel occasionally; we have a mobile trailer that goes to horse shows that the manager will staff from time to time.
If you are interested or have questions please contact Juls Lorenz:
Juls@marystack.com >subject ASM Interest | Call 858 755 2015 ext.108
Full Time Sales Associate (Commission)
The role of a Mary’s Tack and Feed sales associate is to help our customer's make satisfying purchasing decisions that insure their repeat business. Mary's Tack and Feed sales associates do this by creating a uniquely satisfying experience that involves servicing customers with accurate product knowledge, an enthusiastic appreciation for the horse and its industry, and contributing to a clean, convenient shopping environment.
Mary’s has an immediate opening for a Full-time sales associate. An ideal candidate has leadership qualities, thoroughly enjoys working with and helping people, listens well, smiles easily, has lots of energy and a thirst for equestrian knowledge.
Experience with horses either riding or caring for them or both is important! Retail experience is a plus but not necessary. Product knowledge training is provided. A full-time sales associate will be required to work 35-40 hours per week, must be available to work Saturdays and/or Sundays.
Full time Benefits Offered:
- Employee Stock Ownership plan participation after 1 year/1000 hours
- Health / Dental insurance
- Generous Employee discounts
- Paid time off
- 7 paid holidays and store is closed
- Flexible hours. Work hours between 7:30am and 7pm
- Have a strong love for horses and equestrian sports
- Must be at least 18
- Must have reliable transportation. This job is NOT remote.
- Must be able to work any of the seven days of the week as the schedule does not fluctuate.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Must be Punctual with reliable transportation.
- Be ready to work on your feet as this is not a desk job and involves going up and down stairs.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy interacting with customer's.
- Being physically present is an essential function of the job. There is no remote work for this position.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds as this job requires stocking and moving of merchandise.
- Must be willing to do light cleaning and vacuuming.
- Must be comfortable working with customers in person and over the phone.
- Spanish speaking is a valuable skill but not mandatory.
- Comfortable around friendly dogs that may visit the store.
- Versatile and able to shift with the demands of the store as the traffic and priorities of the day shift.
If you are interested or have any questions please call or email Juls Lorenz at the store:
858. 755.2015 ext.108 | Juls@marystack.com >subject: ASM Interested
Full Time Cashier Position (36-40 HRS/WK) -- Part Time Considered (20-28 hours)
Mary's Tack & Feed in Del Mar, CA, is currently recruiting for a full time Cashier. The successful candidate must love working with people all day long, have strong equestrian experience, a friendly outgoing personality. Excellent communication and organizational skills, a keen attention to details and basic computer skills are a must. Retail experience is preferred! Vacation and sick time, health/dental, ESOP and other benefits for F/T employees. Fun atmosphere, great customers.
Apply in person: 3675 Via De La Valle, Del Mar, CA
FT and PT Pay Starts at $17 and raises and outlined skill levels are achieved. FT hours are 35-40 hours a week 5 days a week. Must be available to work any of the seven days of the week. Flexible schedule
Part Time is 20-28 hours a week / 3-4 days a week. Part Time benefits include vacation and sick time, employee discounts.