Evendura Ice Boots are another great innovation from Ice Horse. These boots, designed to treat your horse from below the knee to the pastern or fetlock area, each holds four removable ice packs to reduce soft tissue inflammation. One set of Evendura Ice Boots at Mary's Tack and Feed includes a pair of boots and 8 ice packs, which can stay cold for up to 2 hrs before needing more time in the freezer. One size.
Directions for use:
- For Ice Therapy - Leave the First Ice Inserts in your home or stable freezer overnight and remove just before use. Store in a portable ice chest as necessary if you will be transporting them to your barn. The dry cold material is solid coming from the freezer. A simple 10-second massage of the re-freezable/ reusable bag results in a loose, flexible, cold source that configures to the horse's leg immediately.
- Cross-tie the horse in a stall or wash rack. Wet down the horse's leg or legs with a sponge.
- After massaging the FIRST+ICE pack to loosen the beads of ice cold relief, insert the packs into your Ice Horse boot and apply the boots, securing the straps. When finished, wipe down the FIRST+ICE packages and return them to the freezer. Store the boot in a dry location.
For Hot Compress Use -
- BOILING provides best heating effectiveness. Bring pan of water to boil. Remove from heat. Place inserts in pan for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove insert from pan. Wrap insert in a light towel. Place in the Ice Horse wrap.
- MICROWAVE: Place insert in microwaveable container and cover completely with water. Never heat without covering the insert with water. Place container in microwave. Heat at full power for three (3) minutes (time is based on 600 watt microwave oven). After heating, remove insert from water. Wrap insert in towel or leg or hock wrap, then place on horse's injury. If additional heat is required, heat in 30 second intervals.