Mary's Consignment Policy
Okay, we'll admit it- we're pretty picky about what we carry at our store. Our customers trust us to recommend quality items at the right price no matter the discipline or experience level, so even though we accept used saddles on consignment, we always take a look at them first to be sure they fit in with our current inventory.
If you have a used saddle you'd like to consign with us, please fill out the form below, including photos and details on your saddle (brand, model, seat size, tree width and flap). We will contact you to let you know if you should ship your saddle to us. Be advised that when your saddle arrives from being shipped to us it must still pass a physical in-person inspection as a final qualification. If for any reason it is disqualified we’ll contact you to arrange the return shipping.
Here are the details:
- At this time, we are only excepting saddles for our consignment program.
- All of our saddles, new or used, are available for customers to take home on trial. Customers trialing consignment saddles adhere to the same guidelines as customers trying our brand new saddles. You can check out our Saddle Trial Policy to learn more.
English Saddles: please, no accessories; this includes leathers, girths, and pommel straps. You may include a saddle cover.
Western Saddles: please include a safe cinch and rigging
- You get paid for your saddle once your saddle sells: 1) If you'd like payment in the form of a check, Mary's takes a 30% commission 2)If you'd like payment in the form of a Mary's Gift Card, our commission is just 15%
- Our agreement requires that you commit to leaving your saddle a minimum of 30 days. If you must have it back before 30 days, you'll pay a fee equal to 10% of the selling price. This fee offsets the time and labor it takes to evaluate, photograph, and bring your saddle into our store inventory.
- If your saddle has been with us for 120 days, we may ask that you come and pick it up. As much as we love saddles, we have limited space on our sales floor and need to keep our selection fresh.
- Your consigned saddle will be available to our in-store customers and our online customers. Please note: internet listing is not a guarantee, it is as time permits. We will do our best to show you saddle to as many potential customers as possible.
Fill out the Consignment form below to set up an appointment. If your consigned saddle is eligible, one of the brands listed, we'll hand you a $50 Gift Card that you can redeem on anything at Mary's!
Please note: our consignment agreement requires that you commit to leaving your saddle with us for a minimum of 30 days. If you'd like to remove your saddle from our program before 30 days, a penalty of 10% of the asking price plus the $50 gift card value will be due.