Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take for my items to ship?
Mary's loves selling you exactly what you're looking for, so we always ship your items as quickly as possible- usually within one business day for in-stock items! If you'll be requesting expedited shipping (one and two day air) be sure to submit your order by 11 a.m. PST so we can ship that same day.
If an item is not in stock, how long does it take for it to arrive?
Most of our products are on constant reorder, so if it isn't in stock today, it's probably already on its way to our store. Mary's orders merchandise from all over the world, though, so sometimes it's hard to say how long a back-ordered item will take to arrive here and then arrive at your home. We know it is important to you and will definitely keep you posted!
Can I pay with a Mary's gift card online?
Yes! Just enter the 13 digit code from the back of the card during checkout and we'll take care of the rest. You'll also need to enter credit card or PayPal information as a backup to charge if there's any balance on your order after the gift card has been applied. Don't worry- the gift card is always applied first.
Mary's Consignment Policy
We admit we're pretty picky about what we carry in our store. Our customers trust us to recommend quality items at the right price no matter the discipline or experience level, so although we accept used saddles on consignment, we've got to look at them first to be sure they fit in with our current inventory.
If you have a used saddle you'd like to consign, please call us first. We'll ask you for the brand, model, and a few details about the seat size, tree width and flap. If it seems like something that would do well in our store, we'll make an appointment for you to bring it in. We will look it over for soundness and confirm that it's something we'd feel comfortable and safe recommending to another customer.
Not in the area? Emailed images of the saddle will do the trick in that case, but please, give us a call first anyway so we know your photos are on their way. Keep in mind that once it arrives, if it doesn't fit in with our product mix, we might not be able to consign it for you. But if it does, we will. Win-win!
All our saddles, new or used, are available for customers to take home on a trial. Don't worry- people trying used saddles must adhere to the same guidelines as customers trying new saddles. But, if you don't want anyone riding in your saddle, you won't want to consign with us.
- Please, no accessories. Even if your leathers and your girth are a perfect match for your saddle, only the saddle will be consigned.
- You get paid for your saddle once we get paid: 1) If you want payment in the form of a check, Mary's takes a 30% commission 2) If you want payment in the form of a Mary's Gift Card, our commission is just 15%
- If you consign with us, please commit to leaving your saddle a minimum of 30 days. If you simply must have it back before 30 days is up, you'll pay a fee equal to 10% of the selling price. The thing is, it takes a lot of time to evaluate and photograph and bring your saddle into inventory. To have it go back out the door two days later is, well, not a great way to do business. We knew you'd understand.
- Once your saddle's been with us for 120 days (about 4 months), if it hasn't sold, we'll ask that you come and pick it up. As much as we love saddles, we have limited space on our sales floor and need to keep our selection fresh.
- Your consigned saddle will be accessible by our in-store customers and our online customers. Please note - internet listing is not a guarantee, it is as time permits. We're in the business of selling and customer service so we will make every effort to list it online quickly.
- Give us a call at 1.800.551.6279 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the process started!
Where are you located?
Did you know Mary’s has been in this same little corner of Del Mar since 1963? Right on the corner of Via De La Valle and El Camino Real. If you want to mail us a Christmas card, our street address is listed below:
Mary's Tack & Feed
3675 Via De La Valle
Del Mar, Ca 92014
What are your hours?
Our Del Mar Superstore is open: (excluding certain holidays)
Monday-Friday (9am - 6pm)
Saturday & Sunday (10am - 5pm)
For more details on Holiday Hours, give this link a click.
Are you open 365 days a year?
Most weeks, Mary's is open 7 days. We are closed on major holidays like Christmas, Easter, and New Year's Day to give our staff some well-earned time off. We are also closed the Thursday before our huge, not-to-be-missed annual Tent Sale in February. If you think there's a chance we might be closed, feel free to give us a call at 858.755.2015 before you stop by.
I bought something from your website. Can I return it to your store?
Sure! If you're in town for a visit or a show, you can definitely return a product to our store that you bought from our site. We would love for you to come in!
Why am I put on hold sometimes when I call in? You are a priority. Really! But sometimes when there is a big horse show next door, we just don't have enough hands to get to every call right away. We will get to you ASAP or give you a call back if you'd rather leave a message.
How do I choose the right...?
Mary's is pleased to offer our Bit Rental Program to take any uncertainty out of your English or Western bit purchase. This program is available online. Details are included with all the bits we sell. You can also call Mary's at 800.551.6279 to arrange your rental.
Here is how Mary's Bit Rental Program works...
Pay for the bit, plus an additional $10 Rental Fee (non-refundable). When you receive the bit, try it on your horse for up to one week [7 days]. If the bit works well for your horse, you do nothing. Happy riding!
- If this isn't the bit for your horse, simply call for a Return Authorization within 7 days of receipt of the bit, clean the bit, and return the bit for a full refund of your purchase price.
The Fine Print:
- After 7 days, your bit purchase is final and non-refundable.
- The Rental Fee is non-refundable.
- Though we rarely have these problems, Mary's reserves the right to refuse the return of any rental bit that is dirty or not in working condition, as determined by Mary's management.
- Not all bits are eligible for the Bit Rental program. Please call 800.551.6279.
- Mary's follows a strict bit sanitizing protocol on all returned bits with your horse's health in mind.